Tags

Monday, February 7, 2011

The tourist (2010, Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck)

May contain spoiler

A woman who’s under surveillance by Scotland Yard uses a tourist making the police believe he is Alexander Pierce, the man who owed almost one billion pounds to the British Government. 

Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck

When I first saw the poster, I told myself the director’s name meant something to me. Actually, Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck (full name: Florian Maria Georg Christian Graf Henckel von Donnersmarck:) is the guy who made the Oscar-winning film ‘das Leben der Anderen’ (Lives of Others), a movie we studied in our German course when I was in college. I was eager to see him doing another kind of work. The Tourist is obviously not the movie of the year and some critics were too harsh with it but I had fun watching it. Johnny Depp is stunning as usual, Angelina Jolie is “ravenous” and the movie being partly shot in Venice gives more flavour to the story.



The ending twist is very easy to guess though, I knew from the beginning that the professor guy  is up to something even if what happen in the middle made me a bit confused about who’s who exactly. From a scale of 1-10, I’ll give it a 6.

Memorable quotes

Frank: You're ravenous
Elise: Do you mean ravishing?
Frank: I do

No comments:

Post a Comment