Tags

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rango (2011, Gore Verbinski)



Rango, a lonely and ordinary chameleon suddenly becomes a hero when he accidentally caused the death of a bird in the town of Dirt. But now that he is the new sheriff, Rango has another challenge to take up: he is the only one who could save the population from drought, water shortage and terror. 


(The Spirit of the West scene)


Well, well, well, I'm not a big fan of computer animated films but seeing Johnny Depp as a sheriff in the trailer made me want to watch it. Johnny, once again delivers an outstanding performance as the chameleon. I'm not a professional but from my point of view, Rango is one of the best animated movies so far along Toy Story and Up: the visuals are terrific, the dialogue simple but brilliant. One of my favorite scenes is when Rango finally meets the Spirit of the West, the reference to Clint Eastwood and Sergio Leone's "The man with no name" was priceless. My only regret about the movie was that I forgot to check out the cast list before watching it so I didn't recognize the actors' voices (except Timothy Olyphant for The Spirit of the West of course). I regret missing Ned Beatty, Alfred Molina and ESPECIALLY Billy Nighy as Rattlesnake Jake…Too bad!!!  

Clint Eastwood


 Memorable quote 
Rattlesnake Jake (to Rango): I tip my hat to you...one legend to another

No comments:

Post a Comment